CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Frustration

Is it better to express anger or hold it in?

I have always tried to appear happy and not show people how I truly feel but it is beginning to wear me out. My head hurts all the time and I just don't have the effort to smile and be polite anymore. I want to make the people around me happy but it is hard to make them happy if they are not trying to make me happy.

I have been hanging out with the same people for a year now. We are in the same organization where we must work together and then we play together as well, but working together is not as great as playing together. I am starting to find that working with certain people is hard. I am beginning to not be able to tolerate them and the characteristics that they have always had. I'm sure they haven't change but maybe I have. Maybe I am getting older and less tolerate of being treated like I'm incompetent. Over my 20 years, I have learned that many, many people believe just because they are older, they automatically know more than you. A year or two over me does not make you wiser than me. Hell, 10 years doesn't make you wiser. It's the experiences in your life that make you wiser in your own way. Everyone doesn't mature the same way or at the same time but some people can't seem to realize this. You may know more about the woods, and I may know more about building things but that does not make you smarter than me or me smarter than you. That makes me experienced in one area and you in another. Do Not insult me or dismiss me, listen to me and consider what I have to say....it may be right and it may useful to you if not today, some day.

I am so glad I started this blog. I will try not to make it so much as a place where I just vent, but try to make it a place where I share all of me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear when I read your blogs you remind me of a younger me! Believe me I know what you are saying! Never limit what others tell you because their experiences are different. But some people aren't mature enough to understand and listen.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you!