CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Extended Metaphor

This is a poem I wrote back in my Sophomore year of high school that I recently found. Oh the memories!

My mind, body, heart, and spirit are like a poem
The first stanza lets you into my mind
It lays out my thoughts
describing how I think about the things happening around me

The second is my eyes
In these lines you explore my past
You see my life in the present
You view my future

The third is my mouth
It speaks the truth
yet at the same time tells you what you want to hear

The fourth is my heart
It opens up to you my feelings
Explains to you what I've wanted you to understand for so long

The last stanza is my spirit
It lets you read about the trails and tribulations of my life
It ends the poem in remembrance of my achievement
rather than my failures.

Reading this now...I think I was ok. I believed I have improved some since then, but I'm no where near where I want to be.

0 comments: